Monday, May 7, 2007

Some Interesting Sights From Holland

Just so you can see a little of the wonderful places visited...


And I whined enough about getting to see the windmills, I'd better include a shot of them!


Even Haarlem's version of the Red Light District was charming....

A very few of the wonderful sigts at Keukenhof...







At the train station kicking off Queen's Day we were entertained by these ladies...


Naturally we had to make a few trips to the art store...



We had a 'wild night' when the fire alarm went off at 1:30 or so...



The real tulip fields were dead, but the marzipan ones looked good...



Mmmmm...Oh, there was a carnival celebrating Queen's Day in the big Square, and instead of Fried Dough, you could get Lunzaat's Herring (it's in a class by itself, I guess). They loved the herring sandwiches with pickles and onions :P






On the road from Amsterdam to Haarlem there were lots of farms, and lots of trees like this in rows. The air was quite hazy when we arrived. Beautiful.













5 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Great photos, Kelley! I especially like the little marzipan tulips and the one of the misty trees ...

Karen M Schmidt said...

BTW, Kelley, I've tagged you! If you want to participate (and I hope you do!), see today's post on my blog for rules.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the buildings and the canals.
Fabulous photos and memories!

jilly ballantyne said...

Hi!
Lovely to see these pictures of Holland, and lovely fresh work!
I recently hosted an Art appreciation trip to Amsterdam, we had a great time too.
If you all ever fancy a painting holiday in the South of France in Matisse's former villa, just let me know!
best wishes
Jilly
www.paintingriviera.com

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

was fun to read this again and 'see' Ros and look at the beautiful pictures :)